Position Title: Set-Up Technician
Reports To: Production Manager
Department: Print Department
(The following statement describes the principle activities of this position and shall not be considered a detailed list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this position)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operates equipment and observe for proper operation.
- Inspects all machine; study schedules to determine need for adjustments, overhauls, repairs or replacement of parts of changeovers.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves and/or dismantles all types of machinery and production equipment.
- Analyze all mechanical or operations problems on production equipment. Plan and take corrective action.
- Inspects job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected or moved; estimate weight of load to be handled, lifted, clearances and recommends support equipment needed.
- Selects tools, machinery and materials needed for assignment.
- Performs preventative maintenance for equipment and building as needed.
- Oil and grease equipment. Replace broken, worn or missing parts.
- Set-up equipment, make changes, running adjustments, replace work or damaged parts, overhaul and make necessary repairs.
- Start, stop equipment. Remove jams.
- Reset equipment after shutdown and repair.
- Operates machine tools, lathes, grinders.
- Repairs and maintains all tools, machines and equipment.
- Complies with environmental regulations when working on equipment.
- Performs clean-up and housekeeping duties.
- Complies with established job safety practices.
- Regular attendance is required between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Maintains the competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performances of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs such assignments as management may direct.
- Training usually acquired through high school or equivalent education and on-the-job.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices.
- Knowledge of welding, heat treatment of metals, drilling.
- Standard operating procedure training (SOP).
- Standard health and safety procedures (H&S).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong safety orientation.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to work independently within the parameters set by management.
- Ability to work with other people, create and maintain a team environment.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend written and verbal instruction in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Required to work a scheduled 8-hour shift.
- Must work overtime as required.
- The environment is noisy.
- Safety glasses, safety footwear, ear protection in appropriate areas may be required.
- May work with materials that could irritate eyes, skin and breathing. This may require the wearing of gloves, masks or other protective equipment.
- Exposure to occupational hazards such as physical obstacles, automatic and semi-automatic equipment, chemicals, etc.
- Requires light and heavy lifting, carrying.
- Climbing and working in high and sometimes narrow places.
Salary: $22.00- $23.00 per hour to Start